Mini Sermons

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Outsider

I did not realize how hard it was going to be for me to find time to blog every couple days.  I spend a lot of time thinking about what I am going to say and by the time I sit down to write it is all gone.  I guess this is what they call writers block....or scared to death. 

The story begins so many years ago it is hard for me to even remember.... what I do remember about being a kid is the fact that I never felt like I fit in.  I was always the outsider in my own mind. 

The older I get the more I realize that many people felt this way growing up and still feel this way as adult.  It is one of those things we never talk about. 

The things we never talk about perpetuate that feeling of being an outsider.  I have things, secrets, weirdness that I don't want anyone else to know about.  You do too... don't you?

My oldest son told me just the other day.... "Mom"  he said "The only people who are normal are those who hide there weirdness the best."   This is my new mantra when I feel my weirdest because it is so true!

I think it is time we all came clean... talked about our weirdness, this gives others the freedom to talk about theirs... and believe me they have some.   It gives us the freedom to be who we are, who God made us to be instead of fitting into some box that our culture has made for us.

My  challenge to you today.... be who you are, pretend no more

1 comment: