Mini Sermons

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Journey part 1

A question was asked of me this week by a faithful lady.  I was going to answer her privately but have been lead to share with all since it is a common question.

She wrote:
“It was always "black" and "white" with me concerning homosexuality and the Bible until you and then ____. I knew both of you well enough to know your hearts for the Lord and to know that you genuinely love the Lord. So, that's made me start thinking. I'm not concerned about the O.T. verses on homosexuality because I know there are many things in the O.T. that were having to do with the times and that we don't follow.
But. how do you feel that it's not a sin when the N.T. says it is? How are those verses explained? Like I said, I'm truly interested in what you have to say."

Many people have this question.   I did too.

I have no easy answer.  No short answer, but in the next few posts I will try to explain some things that I have found in my journey.  Things that God has revealed to me as the truth.

I always knew I was different but didn't understand it.  I spent many years trying to find the piece of me that was missing or being deeply hidden.   I acted out sexually with men, I got married and had kids, I got divorced.  In my early 20’s I finally understood what the missing piece was in my life but was told it was wrong, ungodly, that I would go to hell if I lived this way. I got married again thinking that either I, or God, could MAKE it go away.  I couldn't, God didn't!

In 2009, right after my 40th birthday I came to an end of being able to pretend to be someone I wasn't. I spent the last 6 months of my 14 year marriage crying and praying for God to make me what I thought He wanted me to be. What I thought the Church wanted me to be.

Praying, crying and writing it all out in a journal daily, feeling like I had gone crazy.  Begging God to show me the truth and restore my mind back to the point before I was so torn.

So started my journey….

The journey of finding the truth about homosexuality.

1. There is no "Black and White"  Grey is everywhere, in all situations.  We all see things differently, in differing degrees of good and bad.  Every person has their own journey, their own perspective, and their own agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment