Mini Sermons

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Time Heals... or is it LOVE

My oldest son is very philosophical and a couple days ago we were talking about feeling loved…. He said something that had caused me to contemplate… He said that he needed to feel loved by people outside of the expected circle… family…  He told me of course that my love was important but that others who were not bound to him by blood made a bigger impact when they showed unconditional love.  It is so true… I know that I am loved by my mom and dad, sister, brother, kids…. But those who don’t HAVE to love me and do anyway remind me that I am worthy of love….  I was reading over some of my old writings and this one stuck out today… I hope it reminds you to love others…..

Written Dec 2010
They say time heals… whoever THEY are.  They say a lot of things you know and they are usually right (half the time anyway).  We all have a 50/50 chance of being right.  Who knows which 50 is the right 50? 

I don’t think it is time that heals, I think it is time that dulls the pain makes us forget somehow just how bad things were.  By forgetting we regain some hope for the future.  It is my opinion that LOVE heals.  Love covers a multitude of sins; love gives us what we need to love ourselves.  The love that I refer to is the unconditional kind.  The love that is there no matter what, that overlooks our mistakes in hopes that we will learn from them.  Love that tells us we are all that matters; that we are worth something.  This love is the love that God has for us and that should be enough…and many times it is.  But God made us relational creatures.  We want relationship with real flesh and blood…these relationships should give us a small view of the love our God has for us.   I have found that love in the flesh and it is very healing.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 
If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love. 
   Love never gives up. 
   Love cares more for others than for self. 
   Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. 
   Love doesn't strut, 
   Doesn't have a swelled head, 
   Doesn't force itself on others, 
   Isn't always "me first," 
   Doesn't fly off the handle, 
   Doesn't keep score of the sins of others, 
   Doesn't revel when others grovel, 
   Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, 
   Puts up with anything, 
   Trusts God always, 
   Always looks for the best, 
   Never looks back, 
   But keeps going to the end.
   Love never dies.


Cherish LOVE today my friends….

No comments:

Post a Comment